We are early in our diversity and inclusion journey but recognise the role we play in creating social change through science engagement. We have a lot work to do but we are working hard to improve and are committed to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion to everything we do.
- We are developing staff awareness of equality, diversity and inclusion matters e.g. delivery of EDI training and awareness sessions.
- We are creating inclusive policies and practices across the organisation e.g. HR and operational policies, recruitment process and practice, induction programme, introducing and embedding an Equality Impact Assessment process.
- We are gaining a better understanding of our audiences and non visitors experiences and needs e.g. though internal and external evaluation methods, stakeholder consultations and embedding a programme of Co-design across the organisation.
- We are enhancing our community learning and development programme serving our diverse communities e.g. expanding our community learning and development team and programme, and introduction of a purpose built STEM Hub.
- We are making changes to our physical infrastructure to enhance the visitor experience e.g. changes to our external spaces, reception areas, STEM hub, exhibition areas and introduction of changing places toilets.
- We are developing inclusive and meaningful experiences, programmes, exhibitions and events e.g. expanded events programme including Adult Lates and monthly Autism sessions and development of new exhibition spaces.