Current invitations to tender can be viewed in the table below.
|Title of item||Link|
|No current invitations to tender|
Glasgow Science Centre (GSC) is a 5-star visitor experience dedicated to raising awareness to all in Scotland of the importance of science to our well-being, our economy and our society in the 21st century. By furthering engagement with, and enthusiasm for, science through delivery of interactive experiences that inspire, challenge and engage, GSC contributes to developing Scotland as a science nation.
Glasgow Science Centre is an independent Scottish charity (SC030809) the aims of which are:
- To create interactive experiences that inspire, challenge and engage to increase awareness of science for all in Scotland;
- To enhance the quality of science and technology learning;
- To communicate the role of leading edge science and technology in shaping Scotland's future;
- To build partnerships to develop our national role in science communication and education;
- To promote Scotland's science, education and innovation capability.
Glasgow Science Centre’s science engagement activities are delivered through a range of learning spaces, which include over 350 interactive exhibits, a planetarium, a science show theatre and a laboratory and are supported by a dedicated pool of trained science communicators. In addition, GSC manages the delivery of Whitelee Windfarm Visitor Centre and its education programme.
Engagement to all is delivered through a range of core products which include an extensive Curriculum for Excellence linked Schools Programme (Early Years, Primary, Lower Secondary and Upper Secondary plus Teacher CPD), Lifelong Learning Programme, Meet the Expert programme, Enhancement Activities (workshops and shows integral to Science Mall visit) and our On Tour outreach activities.
Each year Glasgow Science Centre engages with over 370,000 children, young people and adults through its in-reach and outreach activities.
- Organisation Name: Glasgow Science Centre
- Address: 50 Pacific Quay
- Town: Glasgow
- Post Code: G51 1EA
- Country: United Kingdom
- Website: www.glasgowsciencecentre.org
- Main Contact: Robin Hoyle | 0141 420 5010
- 2nd Contact: Jenny Templeman | 0141 420 5010
- Phone Number: 0141 420 5010
- Fax Number: 0141 420 5011
- E-mail: email@example.com