Glasgow Science Centre is currently operating autumn hours and is open Wednesday to Sunday from 10am to 5pm. On local school holidays we are also open on Monday and Tuesdays.
How to Book Admission to Glasgow Science Centre
All visitors are requested to pre-book their visit in advance. During busy periods we may not be able to accept walk-in visits and recommend pre-booking to avoid disappointment. You will be given the option to purchase add-on experiences such as the Planetarium and IMAX 3D documentaries if available while booking your day tickets.
The best ticket option for frequent visitors to the Science Mall is to get our Science Passport. This provides unlimited Science Mall visits for the holder for 1-year. Please note, Passport holders should book their visit using the links below.
Please follow the step below to complete your booking to visit the science centre. Once you have added items to your basket click 'continue shopping' to return to this page if required.
|Book Your Visit|
Get a Science Passport
Frequent visitor? Our 12-month membership provides unlimited Science Mall visits. Apply online now, then complete the step below.
Book Admission Tickets, Parking and add on tickets*
Above booking for all day visitors and Science Passport holders
* add on tickets for Planetarium and IMAX 3D documentaries cost £3.50 per person and will be available during the checkout process if available
Booking other Experiences at Glasgow Science Centre
Imax Theatre at Glasgow Science Centre
The IMAX Theatre at Glasgow Science Centre is the huge, shimmering silver building that stands next to the main Science Mall. It’s home to Scotland's biggest, most awesome screen, so no matter what you see here, it’s bound to be a blockbuster! Our Box Office for IMAX feature films is powered by Ticket Tailor.
Newton Flight Academy
Discover the science of flight as you take-off at the controls of a light aircraft under the reassuring guidance of our flight instructors. So, whether you’ve had any experience of a simulator before or are totally new to piloting you’re sure to have an unforgettable time from check-in to final landing.
On the day of your visit
- Bring your booking reference number. You do not need to print your email or show it on your phone as long as you have the reference number.
- If you have a Science Passport, gift voucher or corporate ticket please bring it with you. If you have booked a carer ticket, please bring proof of carer status.
- You will get a ticket on the way into the car park, please bring this to the ticket desk with you.
- Please try to arrive as close to your time slot as possible. If you are early or late you will still be able to visit, and staff will advise on arrival.
What Covid measures do you still have in place ?
- To help reduce queues and monitor capacity visits need to be pre-booked in a timeslot. During busy periods we may not be able to accept walk-in visits and recommend pre booking to avoid disappointment.
- We ask that when visiting you remain Distance Aware and respect others space where possible.
- Enhanced cleaning regimes remain in place and there are hand sanitisation stations are available throughout the building. Please note that some areas may be temporarily closed to allow our staff to follow our cleaning regime.
- We ask that you do not visit if you feel unwell or are experiencing symptoms of Covid- 19. If you have already booked, please contact us as will assist you.
What is the Welco-ME app and how can I use it?
We welcome all our customers and work hard to make sure our facilities at Glasgow Science Centre are accessible for everyone. The 'WelcoMe' app enables our team to have the information they need to know exactly how best they can help, and so that you, the visitor, receives a warm welcome and an excellent customer experience.
Help Us to Help You!
To help us deliver a service that best suits your needs, start by signing up for the app. Here’s a list of reasons why you can benefit by using the WelcoMe app:
- Personalised – you create a simple profile that is personal to you and your requirements.
- Pre-Plan – you can use the information on the app to pre-plan your visit to the Science Centre so that you are fully aware where any facilities (such as lift, or accessible toilets) are.
- Receive a personalised service – our staff receive a reminder of your needs, allowing them to prepare for your visit if you have any specific requirements.
- Arrange a Meet & Greet – on certain days we are able to arrange a Meet & Greet service, with our staff meeting you and ensuring you can make the most of your visit.
- Increase Your Confidence – you can be confident that your accessibility needs will be understood.
Download the App
You can download the app for free here.
Glasgow Science Centre is pleased to use ‘WelcoMe’ – the app that allows customers with accessibility needs to discreetly inform our team of their needs, pre-plan their visit, and pre-book assistance if required.