Vision, Mission & Values
Glasgow Science Centre is an educational charity that inspires and motivates people to engage with science. Our work is supported by a not-for-profit visitor experience and other revenue streams with all the income we generate being reinvested to support our charitable purpose.
View Glasgow Science Centre's Strategic Plan for 2020 - 2025 as a PDF.
Our vision is a Scotland where all people feel empowered through learning and engagement with science to make positive differences in their lives, their communities and to society as a whole.
We want to inspire everyone to explore and understand the world around them and to discover and enjoy science.
Our key principles are fundamental to how we approach our work:
- Glasgow Science Centre is for all ages, genders, abilities, cultural and social backgrounds.
- Our role is not to teach science, rather, to change the way that people feel and engage with it in order to build their social, cultural and science capital.
- We seek to present the scientific process in an accessible manner to help people develop their own knowledge and understanding.
- We present good science and scientific fact without bias or opinion by celebrating the wonders of science and technology.
- We want to inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers.
Our core values are at the heart of our business and underpin all that we do. They define who we are, how we work, what we believe in and stand for.
These values matter to us no matter who you are; a customer (a corporate client, a partner or visitor) or a member of the GSC team (staff, volunteers, board members). We’re all about giving the best possible experiences, whoever you are.
- We strive for excellence to be the best we can be to make a positive impact on society.
- We are inclusive and want to make GSC a welcoming, respectful and supportive community for everybody.
- We innovate by being proactive, inquisitive and always ready to learn and improve.
- We collaborate to build relationships with our community to empower and support lifelong learning together.