How to Get to GSC
Get your step count up and enjoy stunning views of the Clydeside as you stroll. Glasgow Science Centre is pretty easy to walk to, as it’s well served by public footpaths. It only takes about 30 minutes to walk along the riverside from the heart of the City Centre.
- If you would rather jump on the bike, Glasgow Science Centre is close to National Cycle Route 7. For details of cycling routes, visit Sustrans.
- There is a Glasgow City Public Bicycle Hire Station, operated by Nextbike located at Glasgow Science Centre where you can rent, park, or return.
- Plus, there are cycle stands located by the car park close to the entrance at Glasgow Science Centre.
We are just a short walk away from
- Stagecoach X19 (Govan Road / Pacific Quay)
- First Bus No 90 (Paisley Road West)
- McGill's Bus 23 and 26 (Pacific Drive)
Glasgow Sightseeing Bus
You can jump off of the Sightseeing Bus at the SEC — that’s stop 11 — and cross the river on foot. You’ll get 20% off your GSC entry with your Sightseeing Bus ticket!
The nearest station is Cessnock. Exit the station and turn left, then turn right onto Brand Street and then left onto Lorne Street. Turn left onto Pacific Drive and the entrance to Glasgow Science Centre is at the roundabout. (20-25 mins.)
The Exhibition Centre train station is located on the Argyle Line with regular services running from Glasgow Central and Partick stations. There is a covered walkway from the station to the SEC, from where you walk past the Crowne Plaza hotel and over the river to Glasgow Science Centre (5-10 mins).
- From the M8 (east or west), take Junction 24 and follow the brown tourist signs.
- For those more familiar with Glasgow and travelling East along the M8, it’s possible to leave at Junction 19, travel down the Broomielaw, cross at the Clyde Arc ('Squinty Bridge') and travel along Govan Road and into Pacific Quay.
- From the M77, stay in the left hand lane (marked Tradeston/Kinning Park) as the motorway merges with the M8. Take the next exit (Junction 21) and follow the brown tourist signs.
- From the Clydeside Expressway, take SECC (E) exit and then follow the brown tourist signs.
There is a GSC customer car park available, which visitors can use for £3. See our parking tariff.
50 Pacific Quay