Glasgow Science Centre’s team are delighted to welcome you back.
We have been working hard making some major changes to the outdoor space around Glasgow Science Centre and refurbishing our atrium to make your arrival more welcoming, accessible and interactive. There is a new exhibition to look forward to - Explore! And, we're delighted to be able to give you the chance to reconnect with the cosmos with an add-on visit to The Planetarium, which reopens with limited capacity from 2 August.
Please help us keep everyone safe
- Ensure everyone wears a face covering throughout the centre (unless they are under 5 years of age or exempt).
- Maintain social distancing and follow all signs.
- Ensure you follow indoor mixing rules; currently, this is a maximum of 10 people from 4 households. Only adults and children over aged 12 and over count towards these number.
- Do not visit if you have symptoms of Coronavirus or if government restrictions prevent you from visiting.
- If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please contact us as soon you can.
- When eating in our café or picnic area please check into the NHS App by scanning the QR code upon entry.
How are we helping to keep everyone safe?
Some of our measures include but are not limited to...
- Extensive regular cleaning in all areas including exhibits during opening times with cleaning schedules on display at all toilets.
- We are giving extra attention to high touch-points such as handrails, escalators, lift buttons and all hard surfaces.
- Our theatre spaces (Planetarium and Science Show Theatre) and The Big Explorer (under 7s area) remain closed. The Planetarium will reopen with limited capacity from 2 August.
- Hand sanitising stations are available for use by everyone in key areas around GSC.
- Social distancing of 1m must be adhered to. Socially distanced floor markers are in place in queuing areas.
- Sneeze screens have been installed at all till points.
- Exhibits have been located and signage will be in place to allow for social distancing while in use by one family at a time.
- Visitor numbers are significantly reduced to support social distancing.
- We are operating a zero-tolerance policy to anyone who does not adhere to social distancing guidelines in place.
- Contact information given to us at time of booking will be shared with Test and Protect if required.
On the day of your visit
- Bring your booking reference number. You do not need to print your email or show it on your phone as long as you have the reference number.
- If you have a Science Passport, gift voucher or corporate ticket please bring it with you. If you have booked a carer ticket, please bring proof of carer status.
- You will get a ticket on the way into the car park, please bring this to the ticket desk with you.
- There are ongoing building works around the outside of Glasgow Science Centre. When you arrive onsite, please follow signage and direction from staff to bring you safely into the science centre.
- Please try to arrive as close to your time slot as possible. If you are early or late you will still be able to visit, and staff will advise on arrival.
- Pre-book your table and food in our café.
The map below shows arrival routes into Glasgow Science Centre when walking, cycling or wheeling.