The main café
Our Main Café
During the winter opening hours, on Wednesdays to Fridays our Street Cafe will be open. Enjoy a selection of tasty hot meals, soup of the day, sandwiches and bageuttes, homemade cakes and treats.
In the Main Café at Glasgow Science Centre we aim to offer an efficient and enjoyable food service for our customers. We try to maintain a good balance of tasty and healthy options and appeal to people of all ages, and prepare much of our food on-site. Our talented chefs work hard to offer homemade daily specials, fresh seasonal produce and family favourites at competitive prices.
Our cafés are situated on the ground floor and are open to customers as well as general members of the public free of charge.
Enjoy a selection of delicious hot food to order from our counter and served at your table in the Main Café.
The Molecular Meals range includes:
- Homemade 9 tier aged Scotch beef burger served in a toasted brioche bun with rustic chips;
- Boneless North Sea haddock in crispy beer batter served with rustic chips and a homemade tartare sauce;
- Stone baked thin and crispy 9” Pizza with roast tomato sauce, buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil. Served with garlic bread. Additional daily toppings available.
- Freshly prepared, seasonal food, made on-site everyday
- A range of tasty sandwiches, baguettes, rolls and wraps
- A variety of homemade cakes, made on-site everyday
- We serve locally roasted, triple certified coffee and a range of fair-trade, flavoured and traditional teas
- Fresh fruit and salads available every day
- Decaf tea and coffees available to sit in or takeaway
- Kids lunchbox available
- We are happy to accommodate any specific dietary requirements you may have.
- Open plan seating areas filled with natural light for you to enjoy a meal, snack or simply a delicious coffee
- Open to the entire public, stop in for a bite to eat as you enjoy Glasgow’s historic riverside or pop by on your lunch break
- We have outside seating and picnic tables available with a view of the river
- Facilities are available for heating baby food and drinks
- There's free Wifi
- Highchairs are available for families with young children
- The café is open from 10am, and will close dependant on GSC operating hours
- If you want to contact us with any special requests or queries, please phone 0141 420 5010 ext. 325. Or email us at café@glasgowsciencecentre.org.
Food & Drink
Good to know - food on the go
Want to book tickets? Easy!
Just come down and rock up to
the front door, or call 0141 420 5000.
See you soon.