Looking for awesome family activities in Glasgow? There is always lots to do here to keep the whole family entertained for hours during the school holidays at Glasgow Science Centre!
In the Science Mall
Visit the three floors of the Science Mall where you can play for the day with over three hundred exhibits! There are screens to touch, buttons to push, gears to crank and lots of things to get your hands on. You can perform a virtual autopsy, move objects with the power of your mind, run on our sprint track and feel the force in the hurricane booth! If you're looking for a place to take toddlers in Glasgow, make sure you visit our under 7's area which includes a soft play area, perfect for your little ones.
Workshops and Shows
Included in the price of your Science Mall ticket are some fun activities, workshops and shows. You'd be hard pushed to find better kids entertainment in Glasgow!
Easter Holiday fun at GSC
- Egg Drop Challenge — Design and build a pod for the precious cargo: a raw egg! Launch it from a great height and find out if your egg survives or goes splat. All ages.
- The Secret World of Gases — Discover the amazing stories and science of gases, investigating the latest innovations, dispelling myths and exploring how gases can be used for a greener future! Meet our science communicators as they deliver spectacular demos using liquid nitrogen, dry ice and more! Ages 7 and over.
- The Pure Random Science Show — Catch our live science show where you decide what experiments our scientists do by spinning the Wheel of Fortune! Be thrilled by spectacular science demos with lots of bangs, flashes and explosions. There may be fire tornadoes, there could be an indoor geyser or maybe even some dancing fire! Who knows, it's just pure random! All ages.
- LEGO® Land Yachts — Design, build and race a model land yacht. This is a marathon, not a sprint! How far can your creation travel? Ages 8 and over.
- Hour of Code — Get on your way to becoming a software engineer with ‘Hour of Code’. Learn to control a virtual world with your choice of character from popular films and games. Ages 8 and over.
- Virtual Reality — Try out our Virtual Reality headset and get thrown into a new situation. Find out how this new technology can be used every day and in industry. This activity is not recommended for visitors with epilepsy, balance problems or a pacemaker. Strictly for ages 13 and over.
In the Planetarium
For £3.00 per person you can add on a visit to the fulldome digital planetarium and explore the cosmos with our expert presenters or see a fulldome film.
- Space Explorers — The perfect show for younger visitors to our new digital planetarium. Explore the night sky and take a trip to the Moon before flying through the solar system to see a planet up close.
- Wonders of the Night Sky — Take a dramatic tour of our solar system, from the International Space Station to distant planets, and then head into interstellar space as we explore our galaxy and our place in the cosmos. This show is suitable for ages 8 and over.
- We Are Aliens (fulldome film) — Are we alone? Is it possible to find life beyond earth? Take a journey to find out in this Rupert Grint narrated 360° Planetarium film from the award-winning NSC Creative team.
Take a look at What's On on the day of your visit!
In the Cineworld IMAX at GSC
Take in an incredible 3D film that puts you out in space, or transports you to far flung corners of the globe to see amazing wildlife!
For the latest movie releases and to book tickets visit Cineworld's website.