Looking for awesome family activities in Glasgow? There is always lots to do here to keep the whole family entertained for hours during the school holidays at Glasgow Science Centre!
Visit the three floors of the Science Mall where you can play for the day with over three hundred exhibits! There are screens to touch, buttons to push, gears to crank and lots of things to get your hands on. You can perform a virtual autopsy, move objects with the power of your mind, run on our sprint track and feel the force in the hurricane booth! If you're looking for a place to take toddlers in Glasgow, make sure you visit our under 7's area which includes a soft play area, perfect for your little ones.
Super Mario, Sonic, Crash Bandicoot and Minecraft’s Steve are all making their way to GSC this summer as we host GamesMania! Join us from 27th June to 16th July as we celebrate the last four decades of gaming with over 150 consoles, computers and arcades. Find out more and book tickets.
Workshops and Shows
Included in the price of your Science Mall ticket are some fun activities, workshops and shows. You'd be hard pushed to find better kids entertainment in Glasgow!
- The Secret World of Gases Live Science Show — Discover the amazing stories and science of gases, investigating the latest innovations, dispelling myths and exploring how gases will be used for a greener future through spectacular demonstrations using liquid nitrogen, dry ice and more! All Ages / July only
(This show has been postponed due to the Europe-wide shortage of CO2. We are trying to source a supply so we can bring this new show to you soon.)
- Huff and Puff — What is air and what do we use it for? Sign up to explore the air all around us and make your very own wind powered car. Ages 7 and under / July and August
- Make Your Own Lungs — Make your own working model to show how lungs work. Find out how we breathe and how our bodies use oxygen to sustain life. Ages 7 and over / July only
- The Pure Random Science Show — Catch our live science show where you decide what experiments our scientists do by spinning the Wheel of Fortune! Be thrilled by spectacular science demos with lots of bangs, flashes and explosions! There may be giant fire tornadoes; there could be an indoor geyser or maybe even some dancing fire — who knows? It’s just Pure Random! All Ages / July and August
- Dissections — Prepare to be amazed in our presenter-led dissections. Learn about the structure and function of the heart and lungs, and find out how these highly specialised organs help you be you! Ages 7 and over / August only
- Hour of Code — Get on your way to becoming a software engineer with ‘Hour of Code’. Learn to control a virtual world with your choice of character from popular films and games. Ages 8 and over / 27th June–16th July
- DIY Gamer — Sign up to program a handheld games console to display your own animation and video game in this fun and easy introduction to programming. Ages 8 and over / 27th June–16th July
- Laser Cutting — See how laser cutters work and how they are used to turn everyday materials into unique custom creations. Ages 8 and over / 17th July–2nd September
- Mindstorms Driving Test — Program LEGO® MINDSTORMS® robots to simulate driverless car technology. Find out what it's like to be a Robotics Engineer as you use your problem solving skills to complete a series of challenges. Ages 8 and over / 17th July–2nd September
- Engineering with Electronics — Try becoming an Electronic Engineer with our super user-friendly Little Bits kits. Learn about circuits and work together to solve every day electrical problems. Ages 8 and over / 17th July–2nd September
In the Planetarium
For £3.00 per person you can add on a visit to the fulldome digital planetarium and explore the cosmos with our expert presenters or see a fulldome film.
- Summer Skies — In this new show, you'll explore the Scottish summer skies, hear the myths and legends hidden in the stars, and go further from home than your summer holidays have ever taken you before! For ages 8 and over.
- Space Explorers — The perfect show for younger visitors to our new digital planetarium. Explore the night sky and take a trip to the Moon before flying through the solar system to see a planet up close.
- Wonders of the Night Sky — Take a dramatic tour of our solar system, from the International Space Station to distant planets, and then head into interstellar space as we explore our galaxy and our place in the cosmos. This show is suitable for ages 8 and over.
- We Are Aliens (fulldome film) — Are we alone? Is it possible to find life beyond earth? Take a journey to find out in this Rupert Grint narrated 360° Planetarium film from the award-winning NSC Creative team.
In the Cineworld IMAX at GSC
Take in an incredible 3D film that puts you out in space, or transports you to far flung corners of the globe to see amazing wildlife!
For the latest movie releases and to book tickets visit Cineworld's website.
Got a particular day in mind?
Take a look at What's On on the day of your visit!
All activities are subject to change.