Looking for awesome family activities in Glasgow? There is always lots to do here to keep the whole family entertained for hours during the school holidays at Glasgow Science Centre!
In the Science Mall
Visit the three floors of the Science Mall where you can play for the day with over three hundred exhibits! There are screens to touch, buttons to push, gears to crank and lots of things to get your hands on. You can perform a virtual autopsy, move objects with the power of your mind, run on our sprint track and feel the force in the hurricane booth! If you're looking for a place to take toddlers in Glasgow, make sure you visit our under 7's area which includes a soft play area, perfect for your little ones.
Workshops and Shows
Included in the price of your Science Mall ticket are some fun activities, workshops and shows. You'd be hard pushed to find better kids entertainment in Glasgow!
May Bank Holiday Weekend (Fri 25th– Mon 28th May)
- May-ker Weekend - Join the My World of Work Live! team and get creative with laser cutting, 3D modelling, Programming, and Build It. (Activities on Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th May only)
- BodyWorks Dissection — Prepare to be amazed in our presenter led dissections. Drop in to learn about the structure and function of the heart and lungs, and find out how these highly specialised organs help you be you!
- Water, Water Everywhere — Follow the journey of water from rain drops to our taps. Through a series of exciting demonstrations you will discover where water comes from, where it goes and why it is vital for supporting life.
- Seed Survival — Little ones can explore what is inside a seed and understand how seeds manage to grow, scatter and survive.
- LEGO® Land Yachts — Design, build and race a model land yacht. This is a marathon, not a sprint! How far can your creation travel? Ages 8 and over.
- Hour of Code — Get on your way to becoming a software engineer with ‘Hour of Code’. Learn to control a virtual world with your choice of character from popular films and games. Ages 8 and over.
In the Planetarium
For £3.00 per person you can add on a visit to the fulldome digital planetarium and explore the cosmos with our expert presenters or see a fulldome film.
- Ina Galaxy Far, Far Away - celebrate the release of 'Han Solo' and fly to a galaxy far, far away, to explore the double suns of alien worlds, and travel faster than light throughout the Universe aboard the Millennium Falcon — all from the comfort of your seat in our amazing Planetarium! (available on Friday 25th at 4pm only)
- Space Explorers — The perfect show for younger visitors to our new digital planetarium. Explore the night sky and take a trip to the Moon before flying through the solar system to see a planet up close.
- Wonders of the Night Sky — Take a dramatic tour of our solar system, from the International Space Station to distant planets, and then head into interstellar space as we explore our galaxy and our place in the cosmos. This show is suitable for ages 8 and over.
- We Are Aliens (fulldome film) — Are we alone? Is it possible to find life beyond earth? Take a journey to find out in this Rupert Grint narrated 360° Planetarium film from the award-winning NSC Creative team.
Take a look at What's On on the day of your visit!
In the Cineworld IMAX at GSC
Take in an incredible 3D film that puts you out in space, or transports you to far flung corners of the globe to see amazing wildlife!
For the latest movie releases and to book tickets visit Cineworld's website.
Activities are subject to change.