Looking for awesome family activities in Glasgow? There is always lots to do here to keep the whole family entertained for hours during the school holidays at Glasgow Science Centre!
October Week Holidays
Visit the three floors of the Science Mall where you can play for the day with over three hundred exhibits! There are screens to touch, buttons to push, gears to crank and lots of things to get your hands on. You can perform a virtual autopsy, move objects with the power of your mind, run on our sprint track and feel the force in the hurricane booth! If you're looking for a place to take toddlers in Glasgow, make sure you visit our under 7's area which includes a soft play area, perfect for your little ones.
Workshops and Shows
Included in the price of your Science Mall ticket are some fun activities, workshops and shows. You'd be hard pushed to find better kids entertainment in Glasgow!
- The Secret World of Gases Live Science Show — Discover the amazing stories and science of gases, investigating the latest innovations, dispelling myths and exploring how gases will be used for a greener future through spectacular demonstrations using liquid nitrogen, dry ice and more! Suitable for all ages.
- Clever Camouflage — Investigate how different animals hide in the wild using 'clever' camouflage. Camouflage your very own moth to help it survive in a new environment. Suitable for ages 7 and under.
- DIY Detectives — Join us in our Live Lab where we will be trying to crack the case of the missing cake. Explore the world of forensic science to help us solve the crime! This is a presenter led activity where participants will be asked to follow instructions and complete tasks at their tables.
- Hour of Code — Head to the My WOW Live! Studio and get on your way to becoming a software engineer with Hour of Code. With your choice of character from popular games and films you can learn to control a virtual world. Suitable for ages 8 and over.
- Henrietta Lacks and the HeLa Cells — To celebrate Black History Month we would like you to join us and learn about the ethical issues around the use of Henrietta Lacks' DNA, cell production, and the impact her ‘cells’ have in the scientific world today, then make and take your very own DNA bracelet. Suitable for ages 8 and over.
- The Maker Studio — Drop in to the Maker Studio, a place for you to get creative and discover new skills in digital making, science and engineering. We have a range of technology available for you to sign out, try out and explore. What you create is only limited by your imagination!
In the Planetarium
For £3.00 per person you can add on a visit to the fulldome digital planetarium and explore the cosmos with our expert presenters or see a fulldome film.
- Space Explorers — The perfect show for younger visitors to our new digital planetarium. Explore the night sky and take a trip to the Moon before flying through the solar system to see a planet up close.
- Wonders of the Night Sky — Take a dramatic tour of our solar system, from the International Space Station to distant planets, and then head into interstellar space as we explore our galaxy and our place in the cosmos. This show is suitable for ages 8 and over.
- We Are Aliens (fulldome film) — Are we alone? Is it possible to find life beyond earth? Take a journey to find out in this Rupert Grint narrated 360° Planetarium film from the award-winning NSC Creative team.
- Hidden Figures: Matinee — Hidden Figures is a film based on the incredible story of Katherine Johnson, Dorothy Vaughan, and Mary Jackson, three of NASA's "human computers" who served as the brains behind the flight of John Glenn, the first American to orbit the planet. Join us for the special screening as one of our expert astronomers gives you a whistle-stop tour of the cosmos, before settling down to enjoy Hidden Figures in our full dome digital Planetarium. Part of our Black History Month programme of activities. Suitable for ages 8+.
(Tickets £10/£6 pp. Performance on 14th October at 14.00. Book now)
In the Cineworld IMAX at GSC
Take in an incredible 3D film that puts you out in space, or transports you to far flung corners of the globe to see amazing wildlife!
For the latest movie releases and to book tickets visit Cineworld's website.
Got a particular day in mind?
Take a look at What's On on the day of your visit!
All activities are subject to change.