Looking for awesome family activities in Glasgow? There is always lots to do here to keep the whole family entertained for hours during the school holidays at Glasgow Science Centre!
In the Science Mall
Visit the three floors of the Science Mall where you can play for the day with over three hundred exhibits! There are screens to touch, buttons to push, gears to crank and lots of things to get your hands on. You can perform a virtual autopsy, move objects with the power of your mind, run on our sprint track and feel the force in the hurricane booth! If you're looking for a place to take toddlers in Glasgow, make sure you visit our under 7's area which includes a soft play area, perfect for your little ones.
Workshops and Shows
Included in the price of your Science Mall ticket are some fun activities, workshops and shows. You'd be hard pushed to find better kids entertainment in Glasgow!
Christmas Holiday fun at GSC
There's extended opening hours at GSC through the festive period — check out the opening hours page for full details!
- Merry Magnets — hunt for magnetic treasure and make your own festive fridge magnet to take home.
- The Christmas Show — join us in the Science Show Theatre to discover how a little science can bring your special day to life.
- Peg Reindeer — a must for every home this Christmas! Make your own unique reindeer from clothes pegs.
- Make Your Own Lungs — find out how we breathe and how our bodies use oxygen to sustain life in this workshop where you can make your own working model lungs.
- The Maker Studio - get creative and discover new skills in digital making, science and engineering. There's a range of technology available for you to sign out, try out and explore. What you create is only limited by your imagination!
In the Planetarium
For £3.00 per person you can add on a visit to the fulldome digital planetarium and explore the cosmos with our expert presenters or see a fulldome film.
- Space Explorers — The perfect show for younger visitors to our new digital planetarium. Explore the night sky and take a trip to the Moon before flying through the solar system to see a planet up close.
- Wonders of the Night Sky — Take a dramatic tour of our solar system, from the International Space Station to distant planets, and then head into interstellar space as we explore our galaxy and our place in the cosmos. This show is suitable for ages 8 and over.
- We Are Aliens (fulldome film) — Are we alone? Is it possible to find life beyond earth? Take a journey to find out in this Rupert Grint narrated 360° Planetarium film from the award-winning NSC Creative team.
- Santa's Starry Adventure - Join us for some festive fun under the stars, as we find out how Santa finds his way around the Earth on Christmas Eve. (21 and 22 December only)
- A Galaxy, Far, Far Away - Visit our incredible digital planetarium to celebrate the new Star Wars: The Last Jedi film. Fly to a galaxy far, far away, explore the double suns of alien worlds, and travel faster than light throughout the Universe aboard the Millennium Falcon. (21, 22, 27, 28, 29, and 30 December only)
Take a look at What's On on the day of your visit!
In the Cineworld IMAX at GSC
Take in an incredible 3D film that puts you out in space, or transports you to far flung corners of the globe to see amazing wildlife!
For the latest movie releases and to book tickets visit Cineworld's website.