Looking for awesome family activities in Glasgow? There is always lots to do here to keep the whole family entertained for hours during the school holidays at Glasgow Science Centre!
In the Science Mall
Visit the three floors of the Science Mall where you can play for the day with over three hundred exhibits! There are screens to touch, buttons to push, gears to crank and lots of things to get your hands on. You can perform a virtual autopsy, move objects with the power of your mind, run on our sprint track and feel the force in the hurricane booth! If you're looking for a place to take toddlers in Glasgow, make sure you visit our under 7's area which includes a soft play area, perfect for your little ones.
Workshops and Shows
Included in the price of your Science Mall ticket are some fun activities, workshops and shows. You'd be hard pushed to find better kids entertainment in Glasgow!
February Break Holiday fun at GSC
There's extended opening hours at GSC through the February school holiday period (9 to 25 February 2018) — check out the opening hours page for full details!
- DIY Gamer — Sign up to program a handheld games console to display your own animation and video game in this fun and easy introduction to programming. For ages 8 and over
- Fantastic Forces — Fantastic Forces: Investigate Newton's three laws of motion using balloons, rockets, a bed of nails, and other amazing demonstrations.
- Sounds Great — Sounds Great! Discover how sound is made, how it travels and how our ears hear then make your own musical instrument to create sounds of your own. For Ages 7 and under
- Dissections — Dissections: Prepare to be amazed in our presenter led dissections. Learn about the structure and function of the Hearts and Lungs, and find out how these highly specialised organs help you be you! For ages 7 and over
- Engineering with Electronics - Drop in to try and become an Electronic Engineer with our super user-friendly Little Bits kits. Learn about circuits and work together to solve everyday electrical problems. For ages 8 and over
In the Planetarium
For £3.00 per person you can add on a visit to the fulldome digital planetarium and explore the cosmos with our expert presenters or see a fulldome film.
- Space Explorers — The perfect show for younger visitors to our new digital planetarium. Explore the night sky and take a trip to the Moon before flying through the solar system to see a planet up close.
- Wonders of the Night Sky — Take a dramatic tour of our solar system, from the International Space Station to distant planets, and then head into interstellar space as we explore our galaxy and our place in the cosmos. This show is suitable for ages 8 and over.
- We Are Aliens (fulldome film) — Are we alone? Is it possible to find life beyond earth? Take a journey to find out in this Rupert Grint narrated 360° Planetarium film from the award-winning NSC Creative team.
Take a look at What's On on the day of your visit!
In the Cineworld IMAX at GSC
Take in an incredible 3D film that puts you out in space, or transports you to far flung corners of the globe to see amazing wildlife!
For the latest movie releases and to book tickets visit Cineworld's website.