The Universe for Beginners
Have you ever looked up into the night sky and felt inspired to find out more about space?
Astronomy night classes return to our full-dome digital Planetarium for the start of the New Year 2019! We'll guide you expertly through the night sky, learning the major constellations as we go, before journeying into space and exploring the vast cosmos.
The four week course will run on consecutive Monday nights from 7–9pm starting on the 7th of January. The course continues on 14th, 21st and 28th January. Each 2-hour class will be delivered by astronomer Steve Owens, together with our own Planetarium team. The course is open to those aged 18 and over.
Entry to the four week course costs £50pp.
- The Night Sky: stargazing for beginners and what to look for over the course of the year
- The Solar System: a tour of the fascinating planets and moons of our corner of the cosmos
- The Life and Death of Stars: how are stars born, and how do they end?
- Life in the Universe: the hunt for extra-terrestrial life
- Galaxies and Nebulae: searching for beautiful star-clusters, violent nebulae, and distant galaxies
- The Big Bang: a journey back in time to the beginning of everything
There's no formal assessment or homework; simply come along to marvel at the beauty of our universe, and relax under the glittering stars of our Planetarium.
The Universe for Beginners makes an excellent gift for a loved one at Christmas. To arrange to gift this, please call our friendly Contact Centre team on 0141 420 5000.