The Universe for Beginners
Have you ever looked up into the night sky and felt inspired to find out more about space?
Due to popular demand, our adult astronomy night classes — The Universe for Beginners — will return to our fulldome digital planetarium in April. Stargazers will be expertly guided through the night sky, learning the major constellations as they go, before journeying into space and exploring the vast cosmos.
The four week course will run on consecutive Monday nights from 7–9pm starting on the 9th of April. Each two hour class will be delivered by astronomer Steve Owens, of the Crawick Multiverse, together with our own planetarium team.
Entry to the four week course costs £50pp.
- The Night Sky: stargazing for beginners and what to look for over the course of the year
- The Solar System: a tour of the fascinating planets and moons of our corner of the cosmos
- The Life and Death of Stars: how are stars born, and how do they end?
- Life in the Universe: the hunt for extra-terrestrial life
- Galaxies and Nebulae: searching for beautiful star-clusters, violent nebulae, and distant galaxies
- The Big Bang: a journey back in time to the beginning of everything