What's on this weekend
In the Science Mall
Visit the three floors of the Science Mall where you can play for the day with over three hundred exhibits! There are screens to touch, buttons to push, gears to crank and lots of things to get your hands on. You can perform a virtual autopsy, move objects with the power of your mind, run on our sprint track, feel the force in the hurricane booth and boogie on the energy dance floor. If you have little ones, make sure you visit our under 7s area which includes a soft play area.
Plus, tantalise your senses in our new exhibition on Floor 1, A Question of Perception where you can grow or shrink in the Ames Room, tilt your Universe in the Wacky Salon, or even look into infinity!
In the Science Mall
Included in your Science Mall ticket are some fun activities, workshops and shows:
- Flame On!: What is fire? How do we use it? How can we make sure we use it safely? Come and find out in GSC's hottest science show!
- Prepare to be amazed in our presenter-led dissections! Learn about the structure and functions of the heart or lungs and find out how these highly specialised organs help you be you! This activity is suitable for ages 8 and over.
- Superhero Science : Agents of A.W.E.S.O.M.E: (Sun 14th May only) Holy science Batman! Join the Agents of A.W.E.S.O.M.E from Glasgow University in their award winning show as they investigate the science behind superpowers!
- Drop in to design, build and race a model Land Yacht. This is a marathon, not a sprint! can your creation travel across the line?
- Find out how your garden grows in our Seed Survival workshop as you explore what is inside a seed and understand how seeds manage to grow, scatter and survive. Suitable for under 7's.
- Sign up to help our spies crack codes to stop a virus being released in Cracking Cryptography a 1 hour introduction to cryptography, an important area in cyber security.
In the Planetarium:
For £3.00 you can add on a visit to the fulldome digital planetarium and explore the cosmos with our expert presenters or see a fulldome film.
- Space Explorers- The perfect show for younger visitors to our new digital planetarium. Explore the night sky and take a trip to the Moon before flying through the solar system to see a planet up close.
- Wonders of the Night Sky - Take a dramatic tour of our solar system, from the International Space Station to distant planets, and then head into interstellar space as we explore our galaxy and our place in the cosmos.
- Cosmic Visions: Astronomy Photographer of the Year- This live fulldome planetarium show is a celebration of the most spectacular visions of the cosmos. Astrophotographers from around the world enter the annual Astronomy Photographer of the Year competition, and in this show you can see some of the very best pictures ever taken of our universe. The show will be narrated live by one of our astronomers, who will then take you on a tour of the night sky.
- Back to the Moon for Good (fulldome film) - Narrated by Tim Allen, this is a complete behind-the-scenes feature on the $30 million Google Lunar XPRIZE, the largest incentivised prize in history.
- We are Aliens (fulldome film) - Are we alone? Is it possible to find life beyond earth? Take a journey to find out in this Rupert Grint narrated 360° Planetarium film from the award-winning NSC Creative team.
To book tickets to the Science Mall and the planetarium, please call 0141 420 5000.
Enjoy unrivalled panoramic views of Glasgow from over 100metres up. Glasgow Tower is the only structure on earth capable of rotating 360 degrees into the prevailing wind and holds the Guinness-World-Record for the tallest fully rotating freestanding structure in the World. At 127 metres high, the equivalent of over 30 double-decker buses, the Glasgow Tower is the tallest freestanding building in Scotland. Please note, Glasgow Tower closes in high winds.
In the Cineworld IMAX at Glasgow Science Centre
Take in an incredible 3D film that puts you out in space, or transports you to far flung corners of the globe to see amazing wildlife!
For the latest movie releases and to book tickets visit www.cineworld.com