The Universe for Beginners: Planetarium Adult-Education Night Classes
Space is big. Really, really big. Looking up on a clear, dark night can feel overwhelming. Where do you begin? Well, a great place to start is in the Planetarium at Glasgow Science Centre, in our brand-new four-week night class, The Universe for Beginners.
Dates: Starts on Monday 3rd April 2017
N.B. class runs every Monday evening for 4 weeks: Monday 3, 10, 17 (Easter Monday) and 24 April.
Time: 1900 till 2100
Ticket Price: £50 for the four nights. Please note: this night class is ADULTS-ONLY (age 18 and over).
We'll guide you expertly through the night sky, learning the major constellations as we go, before journeying into space and exploring the vast cosmos.
This night class is for adults-only, and will run on Monday nights 7-9pm, from 3 April 2017, for four weeks. Each 2-hour class will run in the awe-inspiring full-dome digital planetarium.
The topics the course will cover include:
- The Night Sky: stargazing for beginners and what to look for over the course of the year
- The Solar System: a tour of the fascinating planets and moons of our corner of the cosmos
- The Life and Death of Stars: how are stars born, and how do they end?
- Life in the Universe: the hunt for extra-terrestrial life
- Galaxies and Nebulae: searching for beautiful star-clusters, violent nebulae, and distant galaxies
- The Big Bang: a journey back in time to the beginning of everything
- There's no formal assessment or homework; simply come along to marvel at the beauty of our universe, and relax under the glittering stars of our planetarium.
The Universe for Beginners will be delivered by the Planetarium Manager Steve Owens and the planetarium team.