Little Explorer Days
Little Spooktacular Little Explorer Weekend
29th and 30th October
Please note: when booking online, tickets must be purchased for everyone in your group including all adults and children over 5s alongside your free Little Explorer visitors.
Boo! We are having a Little Spooktacular weekend for all your little monsters on Saturday 29th and 30th of October. Get hands on with gloopy goo, make your own marvellous monster and lots more:
- Goooo! Zone: Get hands on and messy with goo in our free play cornflour goo area
- Spooky Shadow puppets: Make a spooky shadow puppet for our haunted house
- Go Bats: Make and take home your own friendly Halloween bat
- Mould a Monster: Mould a monster to take home
- Spooky Scene: Draw something spooky to add to our Halloween poster
- Costume Competition: Ghastly or Gorgeous? Take part in our costume competitions (categories under 3, 3-5yrs, family/group)
You can book your tickets online now. Under 5s are free but still require a ticket. Science Passport holders can prebook by calling 0141 420 5000.
Up, Up and Away
19th and 20th November
Air is everywhere! Find out how we use our lungs as we explore our huff and puff. Play and investigate with bubbles and things that fly!
14th and 15th January
Take a journey back in time to find out about the dinosaurs that used to rule our planet. Come on a ‘Dino Dig’ and see what you can learn from the fossils that are buried beneath our feet!
18th and 19th February
Calling all mini engineers! Let’s get building. Have fun constructing the tallest tower or the strongest structure with your fellow Little Explorer engineers.
How does my Garden Grow?
18th and 19th March
Join us as we investigate seeds, bugs and pollination to discover how our garden grows.
More about Little Explorer Days
Little Explorer Days are special days for 3-5 year olds. Each day has its own theme and includes a mix of workshops, drop ins, make and take activities.Activities run from 1030-1530 and the Science Mall will open as normal between 10am and 5pm so there is plenty of time throughout the day to explore. Under 5s go free and adults pay standard Science Mall entry of £11.00. If you have a Science Passport you can use your Passport for admission as normal on Little Explorer Days.